I have never gotten a blogger award before. Today I was listed on C. LaRene Hall’s blog for the Kreativ Blogger award. Here it is:
Now I must say, that is a great group there. I have met most of them, and they are all outstanding examples of personality, talent, and fun… except for that Daron Farley guy. He is a shady character. In fact, if you all knew him a little better, you would be beating down his door to get written permission to use him as the villain in your next writing project.
That is what makes me REALLY glad I am not Daron Farley.
So here is my list of interesting (or not so interesting) facts about me according to the rules for the award:
1. I am Daron FRALEY. My wife’s maiden name is FARLEY. Freaky, eh? Yeah, it still freaks me out. So am I offended about the misspelling? Absolutely not. Them Farleys are good folk. Except for that one I already mentioned…
2. When I was a boy I practiced mental telepathy on people. Nobody ever noticed. I guess it never worked.
3. I heard Pope John Paul give an outdoor mass in France.
4. I tried fly fishing for the first time this summer. I almost got the hang of it. Except for the time I pulled the fish over my head and the fish landed on the bank, and I landed in the water.
5. I don’t have a favorite color.
6. I know what triboluminescence means. And I’ll bet you don’t.
7. Once again I had to reward myself with chocolate to get through this. I never have liked these chain type things (for myself that is, for others I am sure they are just fine). I prefer to be quiet and boring and unapproachable.
Now to the part I am going to break the rules on. Rather than pass this on to another 7 people, I would prefer to just say that Connie Hall is one of the sweetest gals I have met in a long time. I met her at a writers group, and we have traded emails, seen each other at book signings, and I got to talk to her at the LDS Storymakers conference in the spring. She has a new book out, “Martha’s Freedom Train”. I think you ought to check it out!